Premium and catch up spending
The Government has allocated a specific Pupil Premium grant to every school, which is specifically targeted to support students who:
– Were registered as eligible for free school meals (FSM) in the last 6 years.
– Have been looked after for 1 day or more.
– Were adopted from care on or after 30th December 2005 or left care under a special guardianship order or child arrangements order.
The belief that every child regardless of background, culture, social deprivation, or any other potential barrier should be given every chance to succeed is at the heart of how we use the Pupil Premium grant at Cardinal Langley.
Key Principle for the Pupil Premium Grant
To narrow the disadvantage gap by addressing inequalities and raising the attainment of those pupils in low-income families. What we expect to see:
– Strategic, targeted additional support which enables all pupils, regardless of financial disadvantage, to be able to: improve their levels of attainment and progress
– Close attainment gaps relative to school averages
– Have full access to our curriculum
– Access our extra-curricular provision
Details of our Pupil Premium expenditure and the impact on student outcomes can be found on the document attached.