Year 7 Transition
We are very much looking forward to welcoming you and your child into the Cardinal Langley family and are pleased to be able to hold our transition events in person this year.
Induction Day: This year, the transition day for students will take place on Tuesday 4th July. There will also be a meeting for parents starting at 6.00pm the same evening. Further details about the transition events can be found below:
Transition Induction Day for Year 6 Students – Tuesday 4th July, starting at 8:20am
- Tuesday 4th July is the Transition Induction Day for all Year 6 children across the borough of Rochdale. Your child’s primary school will be aware that your child will be here at Cardinal Langley RC High School on that day.
- Children should arrive at Cardinal Langley for 8:20am and should be dressed in their primary school uniform.
- Children will be taking part in some PE activities, so they are allowed to wear trainers for the day.
- Children will need to bring writing equipment with them.
- Children will be welcomed on arrival and accompanied to the Chapel where they will be given further information about the day’s events.
- All children will be provided with toast and a drink at break time and with a school meal at lunchtime (or they can bring their own packed lunch) – so they will not need any dinner money.
- There are water fountains around school should children wish to bring a re-fillable water bottle.
- It is important that we know about any medical conditions or allergies, etc. If you have not yet returned the pupil information form giving us this information, please do this now via the following link: Pupil Information Pack – Transition September 2023 . The school handbook to which it refers con be found here . If you are having problems completing the online form, please let us know.
- The day will end at approximately 2:20pm. If your child has a brother or sister who already attends Cardinal Langley and can collect them at the end of the day, we would ask that they meet in the school hall at 2:30pm.
- If you are dropping off or picking up your child by car, please do not drive onto the school premises as space is very limited. Also, please do not obstruct the bus bays, cycle lanes or residential driveways nearby.
- Information regarding school bus services can be found on the following page of the school website: https://www.clrchs.co.uk/parents-students/school-bus-services/
Transition Meeting for Parents/Carers – Tuesday 4th July, starting at 6:00pm
This is for the parents and carers of those Year 6 children who will be joining us here at Cardinal Langley in September 2023.
It is very important that parents and carers attend this event as you will be given key information about your child’s move up to Cardinal Langley in September.
You will also have the chance to meet members of staff, who will be able to answer any questions you might have about the school and the process of settling into secondary school life.
If arriving by car, there is ample parking at the rear of the school. Please show courtesy to our neighbours when parking and do not block their driveways.
Transition Summer School 2023: We are also planning a summer school as part of the transition process. All children are encouraged to join us for 2 days of fun activities on either Tuesday 22nd & Wednesday 23rd August or Thursday 24th & Friday 25th August*. Similar events have been run in the past and have greatly helped children to settle in to their new environment. Please indicate whether your child will be able to attend, and your preferred days, using the following link: Transition Summer School Application
*Update: the Tuesday/Wednesday session is now fully booked – there are only places available on the Thursday/Friday session
If your child attends for the full 2 days of the summer school, you will be issued with a voucher to cover the cost of a school blazer.
If you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact Miss Foster, who is our Primary Liaison Coordinator here in school.
We also have our school handbook, which you should have received in the post along with a pupil information pack to be completed and returned to us here at school by 20th May 2022:
Mr A Bridson