The school was founded in 1959 under the direction of the De La Salle Brothers and the Diocese of Salford and is named after Thomas Langley, Bishop of Durham, and later Cardinal. The Trusteeship is now held by the Diocese alone. Rooted in Christ, and in the tradition of St Jean Baptiste de la Salle, Cardinal Langley is a school community where the Catholic faith is taught, lived and celebrated.
The spiritual development of students is at the centre of our purpose as a Catholic school. As part of the Salford Diocese family of schools, we express our Welcome, Word, Worship, Welfare and Witness in all that we do.
"God inspires us to walk in the footsteps of His Son"St Jean Baptiste de la Salle