Proposed changes to 2019 admission arrangements applicable in and from September 2019
Consultation in relation to proposed changes to admission arrangements applicable in and from September 2019
The Governors of Cardinal Langley RC High School are considering changes to the school’s Admissions Policy, which would be applicable to admissions in and from September 2019.
The proposed policy is attached for information and can also be found on the school website.
Some of the amendments are minor and relate to changes to the process for applying through Rochdale Metropolitan Borough Council.
Other amendments relate to compliance with the Admissions Code or to guidance from the Diocese of Salford.
Summary of changes
- The application process: RMBC has moved to an online process
- Sixth Form entry: This has been updated to include the numeric grading system. Only one BTEC will be considered as part of the minimum five standard passes at GCSE.
- Admissions/oversubscription criteria – Transition from Primary to Secondary (Year 6 to Year 7)
The following criteria are being removed:
- Baptised Roman Catholic children living in a contributory parish and attending other Roman-Catholic Primary Schools
- Baptised Roman-Catholic children living in a contributory parish but not attending a Roman-Catholic Primary School
- Other children from other Roman-Catholic Primary Schools
- Admissions/oversubscription criteria – Within-Year Transfers between Secondary Schools (Year 7 – Year 11) and Sixth Form Entry
- Baptised Roman-Catholic children who have recently moved into the area and do not have a place at another school
- The following criterion is being removed:
- Contributory parishes will be named
- Siblings: The definition will be changed to include foster brothers or sisters
The Governors have asked the school to consult on the proposed changes to admissions arrangements for 2019.
The period of consultation will run from Wednesday 8th November until Tuesday 19th December 2017.
If you would like to comment on the proposed admissions arrangements during this time, please write to the Chair of Governors C/O the school address or in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Governors will meet to consider any feedback as a result of the consultation prior to the policy being agreed and published.